Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Tropical Paradise

 
 
Tropical Paradise
45" x 45"
 
 
My husband's response upon seeing this piece was simply "Gorgeous"!  I'm not sure if I've ever gotten a "gorgeous" out of him.  Don't get me wrong.  He loves everything I create.  He's my husband and biggest supporter.  But I consider it high praise to get a "gorgeous" out of him.
 
What started out as yellow, lime, aqua, and blue, turned into something altogether different that I didn't quilt expect.  But that's the awesome thing about dyeing.  Until you open it up and rinse it, you don't exactly know what you're going to get.
 
I love the how the lines radiate from the center.  It gives it a sparkle that I REALLY like.  I will definitely be repeating this fold and playing with other color combinations.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

All your dye pieces have been so pretty but I do agree with your husband...gorgeous.

Jackie said...

Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous.

margaret said...

could not describe it better an amazing dye