Friday, August 2, 2013

Soooooo...what's new with you?

Me?  Been keepin' busy...just not busy bloggin'. 

In the month since my last post I've...

 
...finished my traditional Cathedral Windows table runner. 
In the end I decided to do the finishing by machine.
 
 
We also got the longarm up and running finally. 
And here's my practice piece after getting it set up. 
 
Longarm quilted Quilt #12

 
It's amazing how rusty I was after having now quilted for a few months...ack. 
There were more than a few OOPSIES...trust me.


Next up was this small Scrappy Trip quilt using a couple jelly rolls.  Because I didn't want to set mine like everyone else's, I chose to do a chevron pattern.  And I'm very happy with the results.  This makes the 13th quilt I've longarmed if you include my practice pieces...which I do.

 
Here's a shot of the back.
 
 
 
Next up was this...
 
 
This is a pattern I came up with to use a bundle of five 1 yard cuts that I had purchased. 
In the end I had a 1/2 yard left which is just enough for the binding.
 
 
Right now I'm working on a few things simultaneously...
one is a postage stamp quilt that I'm not quite ready to reveal. 
 
 
The past week or so I've been prepping EPP shapes to take on a quilt retreat in a
couple of weeks.  One is Pies & Tarts (not shown) and the other is this one.
 
 
Both patterns are from Patchwork With Busy Fingers. 
This hexagon block is destined to become a couch pillow when it's finished. 
Or would a wallhanging would be better?
 
 
I've also started a small embroidery piece to try out working on black fabric. 
To transfer the pattern I used a white Gelly Roll pen I found at Michael's.
 
 
So far so good.
 
 
And lastly, I officially started sewing blocks from Tula Pink's City Sampler book. 
 
 
Some local friends and I are each making a quilt using the book and right now we're all
just making blocks.  I think only one of us has her layout figured out.
 
I managed to make 22 blocks yesterday which only leaves 78 to go.
 
Here's my brights stash all sorted by color.  Having them sorted makes
picking fabrics for each block soooooo much easier.

 
 
Well that's all for now. 
 
Well except for this!
 
Till next time...

6 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Love your Butterfly Banner! Beautiful projects and love that quilt motif in the varigated thread.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Gorgeous quilts and quilting! I really love the embroidery on black! Where did you find the owl? Have a great weekend!

Frances Meredith said...

Love the chevron scraps. Enjoy your Pies and Tarts, I had fun with mine.

Yvette said...

As usual, I love it all!

Darlene said...

I love everything you do, as well.

cottonreel said...

Love the fussy cuts