Thursday, March 14, 2013

Highlights from the 2013 Dallas Quilt Show

Sunday, my friend Nancy and I attended the Dallas Quilt Show.  Sadly, this was my last time visiting one of my favorite shows.  Once I'm in Florida I don't imagine I'll be flying back for the show every year...although I guess I could.

Here are some of the quilts that I really liked...enjoy!

P.S.  I apologize in advance for the shadows and lack of good lighting.  I had to take these photos with my phone because I didn't properly prepare by charging the battery for my regular camera.  Who'd a thunk that'd be important...lol.


 
Ode to Inspiration
by Melissa Sobotka of Richardson, TX
 
 
 
 
 

Balancing Act
by Sherri Lipman McCauley of Lakeway, TX


 
Ruffled Roses
by Mary Ann Clendennen of Marble Falls, TX
 

 
Wanna Be a Baltimore
by Dot Collins of Port Neches, TX
 

 
Flowers & Feathers
by Kristin Vierra of Lincoln, NE
 
 

 
Folk Art Flower Fantasy
by Nell Neunhoffer of Plano, TX
 

 
Night Shade
by Shirley Stevenson of Sherman, TX
 

 
After the Storm
by Wendy Chizuko Simard of Colleyville, TX
 

 
Perseverance
by Linda Neal of McKinney, TX
(This quilt contains 10,509 - 1/2" hexagons!)
 

 
Decisions, Decisions, Decisions
by Serena S. Vrnak of Tyler, TX
 

 
Garden Journal Baskets
by Karen Lambdin of San Antonio, TX
 
 
 
 
Liberty Wheel
by Michelle Kitto of Dallas, TX
 

 
Me and My Shadow
by Gail Stepanek of New Lenox, IL
 
 
 
 
2013 Best of Show
Vintage Button Bouquet
by Linda M. Roy of Knoxville, TN

4 comments:

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Oh WOW! Thanks for bringing photo's to us. Wonderful quilts!

Wendy said...

Some beautiful quilts. I am sure Florida will have a great quilt show that you will be able to attend.

Dora, the Quilter said...

Thanks for posting these, Monica.

Ineke Original said...

Fantastic!