Monday, February 20, 2012

Weekend Report



The blocks and setting are completed.  All that's left is to sew the rows.  I ended up piecing the setting triangles a bit different that Carrie Nelson did in the original pattern.  It was purely an aesthetic thing.  Overall I'm very happy it.  Now I think it's seriously time to find a project with A LOT LESS half square triangles.  After this AND the Ocean Waves, I'm half square triangled out.


In regards to my last post, I'm so glad to hear there are so many of you that are interested in learning Edyta Sitar's method of paper piecing.  I don't know how soon I'll be able to get a tutorial up because of my upcoming move.  But I will work on it as soon as possible.

7 comments:

Jan said...

It looks wonderful!

Strlady said...

Outstanding!!! Kudos to you since that looks like ALOT of work!
No pain, no gain, right?
Gorgeous!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Wow! It looks wonderful! I love it! :-)

Nicole said...

Fabulous. Must make this quilt!

Gloria said...

Your quilt is wonderful..WOW! I've had this pattern for a year now and am overwhelmed with the number of HST. I'd appreciate any advice, tips.....

Gloria
gyates625@bellsouth.net

Lynette said...

Oh!!!! That's GORGEOUS! I can well imagine being finished with HSTs for a while, but >WOWZA< Well worth the work!

Me and My Stitches said...

LOVE THIS!!! Log cabin blocks are my favorite and your quilt is stunning!