Monday, August 30, 2010

Long Time No Post!

Isn't it amazing how fast time flies when you're busy procrastinating...*cough*...I mean sewing.  Honestly though, I have been sewing but not very much.  Since my last post, I've packed for retreat, sewed at retreat for 4 days, recovered from retreat.  That's pretty much it in a nutshell.

Here's my car packed with my and my friend Beth's stuff
...poor car. 


 For two people we had a TON of stuff.  I don't know why I always take so much.  Well yeah I do.  I am always afraid I'm going to get bored with what I am working on...that ADD thing...so I take several projects and switch back and forth as I get bored.  Do you take too much when you go to retreat also?

While at retreat I managed to finish one quilt...And I embarrassed to admit that the blocks were already finished.  I completed the sashing at retreat the first night.  I'm calling it Starry Night for lack of a better name.


Oh yeah, I did finish this candy bowl for my husband to put in his office...per his request.  While at retreat I did give a quick tutorial on how to make things with clothesline.


I am not quite sure where the rest of the weekend went and why I don't have anything to show for it.  I must've spent too much time chatting and seeing what everyone else was working on.  Here are a few photos of some of the projects the other ladies were working on.


This last photo is my friend Lee's triangle quilt before she trimmed the sides.  It's KING size.  The woman is bonkers I tell you.  A while back I showed her how to diamonds and triangles.  And apparently she has really enjoyed making them because this is what she finished while at retreat.  She came to retreat with single rows of triangles with no real plan for the quilts size and just started sewing the rows together.  The picture does not do the quilt top justice...that thing is freakin' huge!


Well dang this post got long fast!  I'll wait till another post to tell you what I've been working since my recovery from retreat.

Till next time....

3 comments:

Kaaren said...

As long as you had a good time, Monica, that's all that matters. And it looks and sounds like you did.

I had to smile though when I saw all the stuff that you packed into your car. We're all the same!

Linda said...

Beautiful quilts Monica. We all tend to take too much stuff with us. But we are girls.
It is so much fun to get away with friends. Life is so short. Make the most of it.

Fleurette said...

I had to laugh when I saw your boot, I'm the same, I love your Starry Night quilt! sounds like you had a great time!