Friday, May 7, 2010

Back to Quilting

Enough of the animal pictures...right?

I've been busy working on this and that but don't have much to share here just yet.  Here's a picture of a bargello tablerunner  I finished over the weekend.  DH quilted it and four placements for me Sunday. 


The patterns can be found in the book Twist-and-Turn Bargello Quilt by Eileen Wright.  To be honest, before this project I had very little interest in making a bargello quilt.  I only agreed to do this one because I was asked to offer a class on how to do it. 

But I must admit, I enjoyed it.  It was very quick and easy to do. One half yard of ten different fabrics will do one tablerunner and eight placemats.  I think I'm hooked.

P.S.  Did you know that Bargello is actually a type of needlepoint embroidery that was named after the Bargello palace in Florence, Italy, where this type of needlepoint was found on a series of chairs.

2 comments:

Kaaren said...

I've always wanted to make a Bargello quilt. I love the subtle colors in yours. It's on my list...honest.

Linda said...

Just so beautiful. Love your colours.